“A new baby is like the beginning of all things – wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” – Eda LeShan
Can Chiropractic Care Help My Pregnancy?
Chiropractic care has helped many women with:
> Faster labor times
> Less complications
> Less back labor pain
> Better milk production
> Decreased likelihood of postpartum depression
Many women seek Webster technique which is specific for balancing the bone, muscles, and ligaments of the pelvis. Tightness and misalignment of the pelvis may contribute to difficult labor for mother due to inadequate function and baby mal-presentation.
Can My Child Get Adjusted?
Subluxation first occurs during the birthing process. As children grow and develop they fall an average of 300 times before the age of 5.
These are 6 key components of why children get adjusted:
1. To encourage brain and nerve development
2. To decrease nerve interference which may impact the ability to learn, focus, and decrease ADHD symptoms
3. To promote body balance - helping to resolve poor posture, asthma, allergies, and bed-wetting
4. To help performance in arts, athletics, and academics
5. To help strengthen immunity - encouraging fewer ear infections, colds, and general illness
6. To help resolve breastfeeding issues, colic, and acid reflux
What is Spinal Hygiene?
Spinal hygiene focuses on doing less more often. Over time our bodies experience stresses which cause for decay in our spine just as foods decay our teeth. You can be preventative by brushing your teeth, but you cannot brush out a cavity. The same holds true for misalignments in the spine, you can be preventative by getting adjusted, but you cannot exercise out a subluxation (see link).
We focus on 3 components for spinal health:
To have body function at its best
To prevent decay of spine
To encourage stability